Kaisa Kylakoski
Viesti: Kotisivu

Esimerkki brittiläisestä arkistomarkkinoinnista

The National Archives mainosti tänään Twitterissä
You can see the newly released file of Stalin & Churchill's drunken meeting online here: ht.ly/ljB7P #secretfiles #WWII #archives
Linkistä aukeaa pdf, jonka sivulta 19 alkavassa raportissa elokuun 1942 lopulta todellakin kerrotaan alkoholipitoisesta kohtaamisesta Moskovassa.
There I found Winston and Stalin, and Molotov who had joined them, sitting with a heavily laden board between them; food of all kinds crowned by a sucking pig, and innumerable bottles. What Stalin made me drink seemed pretty savage: Winston, who by that time was complaining of a slight headache, seemed wisely to be confining himself to a comparatively innocuous effervescent Caucasian red wine.
Värikkäällä yksityiskohdalla saatiin siis markkinoitua äskettäin vapautettua arkistoaineistoa.

Sattumalta saman arkistoyksikön loppupuolella on marraskuulta 1941 kirjeenvaihtoa Neuvostoliiton vaatimasta sodanjulistuksesta Suomelle.
They lay particular stress on Finland.
If they continue their pressure, we may yield to it - to please them. In itself, it would not, I think, be a wise thing to do. A declaration of war on Finland will not advantage our cause. There is already a blockade of Finland, as complete as we can make it. The only difference that a declaration of war would make would be that we should lose the chance of the use of some 28 Finnish ships: we should have to intern Finns in this country and should lose the services of a considerable number of Finnish crews.

Palaa sivulle “Uudet historia-aiheiset mediat”